Attached you will find a powerpoint with some of the information you need to know as we return to school next week. Remember that we will all need to work together to keep each other safe and healthy!
Letter to parents in Spanish:
- Masks will be worn by all students and staff, except when eating or drinking.
- Morning dropoff and afternoon pickup times will be staggered according to last name to avoid crowding and help with social distancing. See the powerpoint (attached) for your family’s time and location for dropoff/pickup.
- Students should bring all school supplies, including materials sent home at the beginning of the year (textbooks, notebooks, music kits, binders, etc.)
- We recommend bringing a small storage tub (something similar to this dishpan or a milk crate) for students to keep supplies in next to their desks. Cubbies and lockers will not be used.
- School chromebooks/tablets should be brought back
- If your student has a personal chromebook or laptop that you are comfortable sending with them to use at school, that is fine. This would help cut down on sharing of devices.
- It is helpful to send extra mask(s) with your student so they can change if it gets sweaty/dirty/stretched out throughout the day.
- Each student should bring a full water bottle to school, as drinking fountains will be turned off (Bottle fillers will still be available).
- Cold and flu season will overlap a significant portion of the school year from October to April. Because the symptoms of these can be identical to COVID-19, obtaining a flu vaccination for your child (or as directed by her/his primary care physician) may reduce the risk that additional illnesses result in classroom quarantines.
Thank you and please let us know if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you!
St. John Staff